Extract from the EASA Rule Book (BFCL.130)
EASA requires, for the issue of the BFCL flight license (Private Pilot License), the following:
- A minimum of 16 hours of flight in a Group A balloon, of which;
- At least 12 hours of instructor-led instruction;
- 10 inflations and 20 take-offs/landings; And
- A supervised solo flight with a flight time of at least 30 minutes;
- A minimum of 14 years to be able to fly solo;
- A minimum of 16 years to apply for the license;
- A second class EASA medical certificate from a licensed AME;
- Complete the theoretical course and pass the written exams;
- Pass a flight exam with FE (B).
The written exams to be taken in the flight school are: Air law and ATC procedures, Human Performance, Meteorology, Communications, Principals of Flight, Operational Procedures, Flight Performance and Planning, Aircraft general Knowledge Envelope and Systems and Emergency Equipment, Navigation.
Theory will be in English.